Graphic Design (1st Year)

I knew how to used Photoshop because before I was in art class, I was in a STEP course in  the same college (special needs and learning disability) they were teaching us a new course called life skill's but I think a better name for it would of been how not to die, and keep yourself a live.  It's funny because Its true.

Anyway I remember work experience was every Friday, my classmates had work experience but I didn't have any yet because I was in a one day a week art class as I needed more points for the art and design course in the future. But after Halloween it was canceled. So learning support and I went in the art class one day, And I remember There was nobody there. But the room next to it is the Idea Room, It's about 3D printer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and all that kind of stuff. So anyway Learning support and I were looking around the room, we should not be there but the man in the Idea room saw us and we though we might be in trouble but he said to come in and he showed us around his room and give us all this information. It was good fun and he told us we are welcome to come in anytime. So that is how I got to know how to used Photoshop.
Then another year I did work experience in a Graphic Design shop and also for a summer job.

In art class, my classmates and I have to learn about a Graphic design project and our theme was Art and Design,  Yes please! We were then given the task of making a poster and a leaflet designed in mind for school leavers who are interested in Art and Design.

I created a leaflet but the Art teacher didn't like the fonts and she told me "This font looks very.......  boring and......dull" and she showed me which ones she didn't like "I think It's should be more fun and exciting" she said.  I was very confused, "Um..but...this....this is information"  I said. Her face, she was looking at me like I am stupid. But I tried to tell her "What about people? Like dyslexics or who don't really speak English or have a reading problem or something like that? So this information, should have a  simple font" she wasn't happy with what I said and didn't agree with me. So right you know what she said, are you ready. "Well, do you want get a higher level or what?" It shocked me! In my head I'm thinking "B***h?!" but you know what, I'll do what she said, it's not about the mark, I just want to see if she can read it.
After a while she came back for a wee look, and I asked her "So..can you read the information now?" she looked closer at the screen, she's nodding then "Um no, I can't read it" before I know what's happening the words just come out of my mouth. "Yeah, That is what I told you before!" she just looked at me. "What did you just say?" I turned round "NOTHING!"
Yep, that happened whoops. Later I told learning support what happened and she wasn't happy with what the teacher said to me. She thought that it was stupid but she was happy because I spoke up and she said "Good Girl" then she laughed. 

When I completed this poster and leaflet, I was very happy with how it turned out. I thought it looked good because it looked simple but exciting. I picked three different fonts for the text and it was easy to read which is good. I choose nice bright colours which complimented each other. It looks a bit Cringe! lol

Oh! I have added a picture of the leaflet and poster but have had to blur some of the picture's on it  because of copyright.

Poster

Front pages leaflet 

Back page leaflet