Graphic Design (3 year)

This was a pathway project so I picked Graphic Design as it was a strength of mine. We were told by the teacher that the theme was cafes. I was so excited about this theme because I have so many ideas. My idea will be a vegan cafe and inside the cafe will be exotic and tropical. I'm happy to start designing the posters, menu page and logo. The only problem is, I am so crap with Logo! I had so many name ideas but logo! No. MmmMm No. I tried my best with the logo and then it looked grand. That's OK!

At the start I liked the name "Sister & Little vegan" which was for my little sister because she is vegan and I'm her big sister, I'm not vegan but I can cook vegan food. I thought that it was a cute name but the Art teacher didn't like the name,  She tried to be feminism, She said "That  name  would make people think that it was only for women, like  NO men allowed!" I was thinking, "Ok Calm down Mrs, it's not real"  but I changed the name. It was a very boring name, like every cafe has a name like that. Hibiscus but I don't even care now, I'm fine with the name.

When I looked at my design, its looks so girly but it is eye catching, it had bold and fresh colours I thought. Still I was happy with my final outcome, but the logo needed to be improved.




This is the final Logo. 


I designed a new pattern for the background because its not allow to use someone else's design and they like to see you create your own work.