Illustration

I can't believe this was my last, LAST project, it is nearly finish (art class) I am sure I am going  to miss everyone but not the deadlines, writing and research. So the art teacher told us about the new project, they said to be very wise, as we can choose whatever we want, she was happy to hear everyone's idea because they picked good but she didn't like my idea, I choose Illustration. She was telling me that I was making a big mistake and it was a big risk, she told me to change it but I didn't, I wanted Illustration and I wanted to try and create a book-cover for a children's book. She was never happy with it and every week, she keep telling me to change it, and it wasn't good enough that I could do better, I know she was worried I might fail. But the other art teacher thought it was a good choice and she believed that I could do it. It was so stressful and I was thinking maybe she was right that I made a mistake but I never give up.
I was drawing, Painting, Collage, and more. I felt that I can't do it and I thought I might fail this final project. I was really upset with it, maybe she was right that I made a mistake. But I have no other ideas and the design wasn't going right and I felt stuck.

My little sister taking my family pet Westie for a walk.





I remember She told me that I can't draw, so I'm not good enough. She showed the other students who are brilliant at drawing. I felt more upset and thought I can't then I left this room. But in my head and thinking "why is she trying to put me down? I can draw, everyone is different, not everybody does the same thing. That would be boring." then I drew my own style, I can improve I know I can. 


Then she saw the style of drawing and she liked it because it had lots of details with a cute old folk inspired look.

Anyway, I changed my mind, I am not doing a children's cover anymore, I am doing a grown-up book cover, because the other teacher told me "Do you own style and you are good with textile and Photoshop" 

Well...
I liked her plan.

I took a picture of roses in ASDA, Yes in ASDA, then another photo of thorns in the front garden of my home. Then I used Photoshop and printed the image on to material. I dyed the background green and added roses and thorns with gold thread. 


And then I took a picture of that, then I used Photoshop again. I did it like a mirror, and added a filter and star to make it look more like a fairy-tale.  And lastly I added the fonts, Done! 
I am so so so happy with my final outcome and I showed the art teacher. She was shocked and the other teacher was impressed. 
I  Passed my illustration project and I'm so happy that I did it.